Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blackstock's Collections

This is about a book of lists rather than a list of books.

Several years ago a book by a local artist came out that was totally amazing. It is a collection of Gregory Blackstock's drawings. He is autistic and an artistic savant and he drew lists - tools, shoes, trucks, bees. These are amazingly detailed drawings as you can see from the cover. When the opportunity arose to have him come to the store I was quite excited and I had no idea what to expect.

The night of the event, he arrived with his guardian and immediately sat down and started to draw. He occasionally answered a question with a word or two, but mostly he ignored us. His guardian answered questions about him, but mostly we were fascinated just watching him draw with such focus and intensity.

Anyway I'd forgotten about that event until I saw the book again recently. I'm still in awe of this book and Gregory's talent. We now have it back in stock. So come in and take a look. I think you'll be amazed as well.

Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment